Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm a BIG?

Recently, I decided I wanted to make some changes in my life. I've been doin my usual things [eat, sleep, work, drink, dance, drink, soccer -- repeat] & at the beginning of August I hurt my knee at a soccer game. So my lame self has been sittin on my butt for the last 4 weeks waiting for my leg to stop being fat & that's where this fabulous idea came from.

I want to be a Big Sister. Not literally, but to a sweet little girl that needs an extra hand to hold. :) A lot of my friends are in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program here in my city and I finally decided to take the plunge. It's something I need to do & I feel like it's almost selfish not to. It has taken me about 10 months to decide to do it [yes, that is a direct correlation to my usual decision making process, haha]. But now I'm excited!

I saw a princess book in Winn Dixie yesterday & thought to myself  "aww, I can't wait to read this to my little." --and paint her nails and teach her soccer!

I've never had a little sister before. I used to beg my mom to adopt one but it never happened-- probably a good thing it didn't because then my parents would  have 2 crazy daughters instead of just one. (wink)



So here it goes! Thursday afternoon is my interview. Fingers crossed! :)


*k

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady!

    I got your message on my blog and I was going to respond by email, but there wasn't an email linked to your comment. Send me an email to browneyedbellejulie at gmail.com, and let me know what you want help with! I will be MORE than happy to help you :)

    Talk to you soon, honey!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE BBBS! I was a Big Sister all through college and it was the most rewarding experience!

    ReplyDelete